Terms & Conditions
When submitting your application form to participate in the Nextlap Program you agree to the following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) in relation to your application for, and if selected, participation in, the Program.
We may feel that your business or business idea is unsuitable for the program but may still be interested in discussing investment or commercial opportunities with you. In this case, these terms will still apply in part. Please see paragraph 8 for more information.
- NEXTLAP is a program launched by VALORPNEU and GENAN (the Promoters of the program), in conjunction with Beta-i (the Program Manager). Any reference to we, us, or our in these terms is a reference to both the Program Manager and the Promoters unless otherwise stated.The designation “Promoters” includes the following companies:
- VALORPNEU – Sociedade de Gestão de Pneus, Lda. under Portuguese law with capital 30.000 euros, whose registered office is located at Avenida Torre de Belém, 29, 1400-342 Lisboa, Portugal, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Lisboa under the number 506048373.
- GENAN, a company established under the laws of Portugal, whose registered office is located at Lugar da Pardala, Estrada Nacional 109 – Km 31, 3880-728 São João – Ovar, registered with the Trade and Companies Registry of Lisboa under the sole registry number 503846279.
- BETA-I Collaborative Innovation Lda. registered with the Commercial Registry Office under the sole company and tax number 514075228, with registered office at Av. Duque de Loulé 12 7º, 1050-090 Lisbon, Portugal.
- The Program is open to individuals, teams of individuals and companies, partnerships and other similar entities.
- If you are applying as an individual, you will be personally responsible for compliance with these terms.
- If you are applying on behalf of a team, you must ensure that all team members have agreed to you submitting the application. As the person submitting the application you will be personally responsible for ensuring that all of your team members are aware of and comply with these terms as if the terms were also imposed on each of them.
- If you are applying on behalf of a company, partnership or similar entity you must be authorized by the relevant entity to submit an application on its behalf, and by submitting an application you confirm that you have the appropriate authorisation. Any reference to you is to the company, partnership or other entity named in the application form.
- Eligibility criteria. You (and, if you are applying as part of a team, each member of your team):
- must be at least 18 years of age;
- must not be an employee of the Program Managers or Promoters;
- must not be involved in the Program selection process, a Program mentor;
- or otherwise be involved in the design, delivery or promotion of the Program (or a member of any such person’s immediate family or household).
- must apply with a product or product idea that uses ELT tyres or tyre components in a scalable way
- must have the ambition of bringing this idea into fruition as a scalable business.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- Following the application closing date, Partners and Program Manager will assess all eligible applications in accordance with the following criteria:
- Team – Credible team, quality CVs, relevant qualifications/experience;
- Innovation – innovative or disruptive solution, differentiated from existing ones, exhibits sustainable competitive advantage potential;
- Scalability – Large growth potential, determined by large addressable market, project nature, organization & team;
- Feasibility – Project technically feasible and showing a viable business model (when defined);
- Environmental Impact (Gains) – Relevant environmental positive impact of the proposed project implementation;
- The decision of the Program Manager on the successful applicants is final and at the sole discretion of the Program Manager.
- Selected applicants will be invited to participate in a 2 Day Bootcamp to be held in June, to fast-track their products/ ideas and prepare for the acceleration program. After the Bootcamp, Program Members will decide which innovator(s) are accepted into the Acceleration phase. The Program reserves the right to exclude participants from moving forward to acceleration, thus terminating their participation in NextLap.
- You must submit your application and participate in the application procedure in good faith and in a professional and reputable manner.
- Without limiting the generality of paragraph 1., you must not at any time submit any information or content to us which you know or have reason to believe may be:
- fraudulent, false, inaccurate, misleading, or incomplete;
- illegal, unlawful, or in breach of any applicable regulation or guideline;
- defamatory or derogatory to any person;
- obscene, offensive, insulting, or explicit;
- infringing of any person’s rights, including intellectual property rights, contractual rights, privacy or confidentiality;
- harmful or infected with malicious code; and/or
- potentially damaging to our reputation if it were to be disclosed to any person.
- If you submit any information or content and subsequently become aware that it may contravene paragraph 2. (for example, because new information has come to light or because of a change in circumstances) you must inform us immediately and, where appropriate, provide us with updated information or content correcting the issue.
- You agree to indemnify us for any loss, damage, cost, claim or expense that we may suffer as a result of:
- your breach of these terms and conditions;
- your participation in pitch day/demo day, including any property damage that you may cause whilst at the premises where pitch day/demo day is being held.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
- You are not required or expected to include any confidential information about you or your business or business idea in the application form or in your presentation on pitch day.
- We will assume that any information that you do provide to us during the application procedure or on pitch day is either already in the public domain or is information that you have no issue with being publicly shared, provided that if you provide us with any personal data we agree to handle this in accordance with our privacy notice and legal obligations.
- If you provide us with information that has been provided to you by, or which relates to, someone else, whether a team member or not, you must have their consent to do so and must ensure that they do not consider it to be of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- We will not be bound by any confidentiality notices or similar statements contained in the information that you provide. If for any reason you do feel it necessary to provide information that must be kept confidential, you must notify us before you provide that information, in which case we will, where appropriate, enter into a suitable form of a confidentiality agreement with you.
- We appreciate that participation in the program itself will inevitably involve the sharing of confidential information. If you are invited to participate you will be provided with a copy of our participation terms which provide more details about this.
- We appreciate that your intellectual property is important to you. Nothing in these terms will operate to transfer any intellectual property rights from you to us, and likewise, nothing will operate to transfer any intellectual property rights from us to you.
- You must not use our intellectual property rights, including our respective names, logos, documentation, or materials in the course of the application process or in any other way without our express written consent.
- We may use your intellectual property rights solely for the purposes of the operation of the program, including as required to review and consider your application and in reasonable promotion of the program (such as confirming your participation in the application process on the program website and in other publicity material and providing details about you and your business or business idea). Please be aware that any part of pitch day/demo day may be filmed and any recording we make may be publicised and circulated as we consider appropriate. If you don’t want any footage recorded of you during the application process and pitch day/demo day let us know and we will ensure this is not recorded.
- By participating in the NEXTLAP, you and the members of your company authorize the use of image for all types of internal or external communication of the Promoters and Program Managers.
- Whether or not we decide to take your application forward and invite you to attend pitch day or participate in the program, we may still be interested in discussing investment or commercial opportunities with you. By submitting an application, you confirm that you are agreeable to either the Program Managers or the Promoters contacting you with opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Where you are contacted about an opportunity in this way subsequent to submitting an application to participate in the Program, above applicable paragraphs of these terms will continue to apply to those discussions (with references to the program and application process being read as references to those discussions) unless and until a more formal agreement is put in place governing those discussions.
- Subject to the remaining provisions of this paragraph, the Program Manager and the Promoter’s respective total aggregate liability in respect of all causes of action arising out of or in connection with these terms and/or your participation in the application process for the Program (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall not exceed EUR1,000 each.
- Neither the Program Managers nor the Promoters shall have any liability for:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information provided about the application process or the Program in error;
- technical failures of any kind, including of the server handling applications;
- failure to receive an application for any reason;
- unauthorized intervention of any third party in any part of the application process;
- technical or human error in the administration of the application process.
- You should keep a copy of any information that you submit to us electronically and, where you are sending us physical documentation, only send us a copy and retain the original. We cannot be responsible for any loss of data or documentation, save that this does not affect any rights that you may have under data protection legislation.
- Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or for any other loss or damage the exclusion or limitation of which is prohibited by Portuguese, laws.
- The Program Manager and Promoters’ liability under these terms is several and not joint. Accordingly, each of the Program Managers and the Promoters is responsible only for their own breaches and failures and not those of the other.
- By submitting an application, you agree that the limitations and exclusions set out above are reasonable having regard to all of the circumstances, including the fact that there is no charge to submit an application. If you do not agree that these limitations and exclusions are reasonable, please do not submit an application.
- Any inquiries about the Program should be sent to the Program Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to serve a contractual notice on the Program Manager or the Promoters, you should send it to the address set out in paragraph 1 above. Please note that the Program Manager cannot accept notices for the Promoters, nor the Promoters for the Program Managers.
- If we need to contact you (or serve any contractual notices on you) we will use the contact details you provided when you submitted your application. If your contact details change at any time, please let us know immediately.
- We reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the application process for the Program or any part of it at any time, for example where we suspect any fraudulent activity, where there is a technical failure, or where there is any other unexpected event or event beyond our control.
- We also reserve the right to suspend or disqualify any applicant from the process at any time where we consider it necessary to protect the integrity or operation of the Program or our legitimate interests, or where we suspect that an applicant has breached these terms or acted in a manner that is inappropriate, unethical or otherwise inappropriate.
- Our failure to enforce any provision of these terms at any time will not constitute a waiver of our rights under that provision.
- The invalidity of any provision of these terms shall not in any way affect the existence or enforceability of the remaining terms. If any provision is found to be unenforceable then we shall be entitled to replace it with an enforceable provision that reflects the intention of the unenforceable provision as closely as reasonably practicable.
- To ensure fairness for all applicants, we cannot agree variations to these terms for individual applicants. If we communicate with you in any way, whether in writing or orally, nothing that we say or do is intended to (or will) amend or override these terms in any way.
- In certain circumstances we may however need to amend these terms on a general basis, with revisions that apply to all applicants. When we make any changes to these terms we will notify all applicants who have already submitted applications and give them the opportunity to withdraw their applications if they no longer wish to proceed as a result of the change.
- These terms (including any associated non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by Portuguese law, and you and we each accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the Portuguese courts in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms.